Saturday, June 27, 2009

title: a cool thing!

during the town yard sales in the beginning of this month i found a waterlogged strip of 35mm still negatives sitting by the side of the road. i noticed that not all of the images were washed away, so i picked it up and shoved it in my backpack and forgot about it. the other night i was bored so i went through my stuff, and lo and behold, there were the negatives! it was around 2 am and i was already in bed, so i just grabbed my old powershot, opened up my cell phone, and used the screen to backlight the film. with my camera in macro mode i could capture the negative, then i inverted the colors in photoshop. results?
i almost crapped my pants when i saw the second one (figure of speech, people). why are children so scary?

there is one other surviving image on the strip of negatives--i think i'll use my same über-amateur method to capture them. i like doing things that way. post soon to follow!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha he looks like an evil Spock in the 2nd one...

June 27, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home